Click the category below to see Questions and answers. If you don’t see your question here please feel free to contact us.
About Our Stamps
We have chosen to go with Clear Photopolymer Stamps for several reasons.
- We are offering “elemental” type of stamps and going with clear stamps gives the ability to actually see where you are stamping making elemental stamping (building your own design using stamps) much easier.
- We did not want to offer wood mounted stamps and felt that clear stamps was the best way to go for unmounted stamps.
- Cost effective. With our clear stamps there is no need to purchase wood blocks or even any other mounting system (no double stick tape, restickable glue, cling foam, etc.). Our clear stamps adhere directly to the acrylic block or acrylic rod with no other supplies necessary.
- No cutting required. All of our clear stamps come ready to use right out of the package. There is no cutting of rubber required. No more sore or tired hands. No more expensive scissors.
- No cushion required. Clear stamps do not require the cushion that is often necessary with rubber.
- No indexing necessary as with unmounted rubber sheets.
- Ease of storage. Our clear stamps come already indexed and adhered to their very own plastic protector sheet. These can easily be stored in a photo storage box, in a storage carousel, or other storage method you choose. They take up very little space since there are no wood blocks and no cushion needed. The possibilities for storage are endless.
- Fine Detail in our stamp designs works perfectly with clear stamps.
Our clear stamps are designed to be non-yellowing. However, this does not mean they will never yellow if not stored properly or taken care of properly. Also, they may stain from certain types of inks. So while they typically do not yellow, they may stain from inks and may yellow if not stored correctly. For optimum lifespan they should be stored in cool place and not in direct sunlight. Heat may damage the photopolymer material.
Is it possible to have as finely detailed images with clear stamps as there is with stamps made of rubber?
It is a wide misconception that clear stamps do not produce as finely detailed images as rubber-stamps do. Our clear stamps will produce just as fine (if not more) detailed images as any rubber-stamp will. The seated to getting crisp and fine lines with clear stamps is not to use as much pressure as you would when using a stamp made from rubber. But using less pressure the fine details will not “smoosh” into thicker lines. Try it….you’ll see what we mean.
It is possible that some brands of clear stamps may lose their “tack” or on occasion not stick at all to acrylic blocks right from the start. Some brands of clear stamps are manufactured overseas out of a mold injected silicone which is a very different material than what is used to manufacture our stamps. However, our clear stamps are manufactured with a natural “tack” to them. If for some reason our stamps lose their “tack” just wash them with warm soapy water and they will regain their original “tack”. Properly cleaning and storing them between use will help to maintain that natural “tack”.
We realize that it is necessary to “prime” some brands of clear stamps by rubbing the surface with an eraser or other material. However, our clear stamps do NOT require any “Priming’ at all. They are ready to use right out of the package. Inks do not pool on the surface of our stamps either. With that said, we DO recommend that you ink and stamp on a piece of scrap paper first. This gives you an idea of how the image stamps, how it looks, and if you are using correct amount of pressure.
We suggest just using a “stamp shammy” or other cleaning device such as the stamp scrubbing pads and warm soapy water. There are also cleaners that are specially formulated to clean and condition photopolymer clear stamps. Never soak or let any of your stamps sit in any solvent or alcohol based cleaner as these can break down all types of stamps.
Yes, we are an angel company. Our “Angel” policy is as follows: All Elemental Doodles™ stamps may be used on items created for resale. However, ALL items must be HAND stamped. NO MECHANICAL REPRODUCTION of any kind is allowed. Items made for resale using our stamps should be made in minimum quantities and NOT MASS PRODUCED. Please give company credit when possible (although it is not required, it is appreciated and helps us to continue to provide quality stamps). And as always, Elemental Doodles™ is appreciative of any sample using our images that is provided to us by our customers. We would proudly display it in our Project Gallery with credit given. This is not a requirement for using our images on items for resale but it is appreciated.