March 2009 Feature Tutorial – He Is Risen Magnet
Project & Tutorial by Karyn Campbell
- Stamps – He Is Risen Stamp Set
- Acrylic Block
- Inks – French Lilac Palette, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Copic marker – warm grey
- Slide Mount (plastic or heavy duty paper – can use a die cut)
- Chipboard (or heavy paper) Square or Rectangle to cover the hole in the Slide Mount
- Strong adhesive such as Red Line Tape
- Magnet strip for the back
- **Optional Items** Embellishments for decoration or fiber/ribbon if you prefer a hanging ornament to a magnet, paper to stamp other items on for embellishing.
- Stamp cross on chipboard with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink so that it will show through the slide mount opening. Allow to dry thoroughly or heat set.
- Stamp vine over the cross – for the sample I used my French Lilac Palette Ink. Again, allow to dry thoroughly or heat set.
- For this sample I chose to use the Dove Stamp (Memento Tuxedo Black Ink) and the He Is Risen sentiment (French Lilac Palette Ink) to adorn the top of my magnet. I stamped them in ink onto glossy card stock. I then cut these out, set aside for now. We will mount them at the end. I did also add a touch of warm grey Copic marker to the Dove to give it some depth.
- Using strong adhesive, such as Red Line Tape, adhere the chipboard piece to the slide mount so that the cross is visible through the opening. Adhere the magnetic piece to the back of the chipboard. If your magnet strip is not self stick I suggest again using the Red Line Tape. *Note: I simply cut a piece of a magnet I already had on hand – so use a magnet you already have on hand.
- Adhere the embellishments of your choosing to the front in a manner that is pleasing to you. I opted to add the sentiment to the lower left corner and the Dove to the upper right corner. I then added some rhinestone self stick bits to the lower right side.
- If you do not wish to make a magnet you could make a hanging ornament by replacing the magnetic strip with a piece of fiber or ribbon loop to hang it.
Leave a Reply